FreeBsd Home Network Utilizing Verizon Online DSL

K Claussen bayp at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Feb 3 15:09:35 PST 2004

Hi, Alfred:

> I have just finished installing FreeBSD v 4.9.  I have searched numerous
> archives but still have not found the answers on how to configure my
> server to work with Verizon DSL. Could somebody please help or push me
> in the right direction.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what you're trying to configure? The connection? Specific
servers (ie. Apache? SSL?)?

.. or are you looking for information on how to connect to the DSL
service? Does Verizon DSL use PPPoE? If so, I have a couple links that
you might find interesting. I just setup FreeBSD to work with Covad over
PPPoE and it was very simple.

---
Kurt Claussen <bayp at sdf.lonestar.org>
SDF Public Access Unix System -- http://sdf.lonestar.org