Booting Problem

Rishi Chopra rchopra at cal.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 3 01:11:01 PST 2004

I booted into single-user mode and ran 'fsck' - the latest output to the
terminal says:

**** 	FILE SYSTEM MARKED CLEAN 	****
	/dev/da0s1e
	Last Mounted on /usr
	Phase 1 - check blocks and sizes

****	FILE SYSTEM STILL DIRTY		****

Will fsck continue attempting to fix the filesystem?  Have I suffered a
total loss or is fsck still doing its thing?

If this is a total loss, can I do anything to get my data back?

-Rishi

--
Rishi Chopra
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rchopra