Adding Packages and Ports

Dave xtalsinger at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 2 14:19:53 PST 2004

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 03:34:33 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>I got my copy of FreeBSD by downloading the isos.  CD 1 & 2 and "mini".
>That's all that was available.

Disc 1 is the install disc.

Disc 2 is the repair/recovery disc

"Mini" is disk 1 stripped down to more or less bare minimum.  It's all you
need to download if you have a decent 'net connection as the remainder of
discs 1 and 2 are pre-compiled binary packages which you get from ports or
pkg_add over the 'net connection as required.

Now I come to think of it, the "Mini" CD has no X windows managers either
(other than TWM), if it even has X on it at all.  Not 100% sure on that.

HTH

dave

--
Any speling misteaks are the reult of a bad insallation of mod_spelink.