chrooted ssh/scp

Mike Jackson mjj at isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Mon Feb 2 09:30:57 PST 2004

ext Luke Kearney (lukek at meibin.net) wrote:

> excuse me if this seems off topic but a quick check over at ssh.com
> revealed no obvious links to a downloadable version that would not
> require a license. Pray tell where I might find the binaries. I would
> like to give sshd2 a run and see if it might fix a problem that has been
> nagging at me for a bit.

Hi,
 You can find the license here (FreeBSD is expressly mentioned):

ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/LICENSE

 And the source code for the non-commercial version (missing PKI) here:

ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh/ssh-3.2.9.1.tar.gz

 Or like somebody else mentioned, you can use the port. But there were no
problems compiling on BSD last time I tried a few months ago.

BR,
Mike