Removing Ports

Jez Hancock jez.hancock at munk.nu
Mon Feb 2 05:32:59 PST 2004

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 05:12:04AM -0800, Rishi Chopra wrote:
> My understanding is that 'make deinstall' only removes the port from the
>  "ports database" - is there any way to actually remove all of the
> files associated with a particular port?

See the ports(7) manpage.

'make deinstall' effectively 'uninstalls' the application and all
associated files and dirs, but only if those files/dirs haven't changed
since the application was first installed.

To make sure you clean out the port's working directory (where the port
is built etc), as well as uninstalling the application - add the 'clean'
target to the make command:

make clean deinstall

--
Jez Hancock