ports question

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sun Feb 1 16:44:27 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:12:47PM -0800, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 10:23:33AM +1100, Gautam Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> > On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 13:42:24 -0800
> > Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
> >

> > > 	People,
> > >
> > > 	Since I managed to upgrade this system's ports tree,
> > > 	I keep things up to date.  Recently, been having trouble
> > > 	fetching some ports. openldap is one such.  Upgrading
> > > 	or trying tomake install clean by hand keeps giving me:
> > >
> > > 	.
> > > fetch: invalid size ( 2042658)
> >
> > fetch is tring to resume the download, but the size on disk (2042658) is
> > larger than the actual size of the file. Try deleting from
> > /usr/ports/distfiles. It should work.
> >

> 	This is exactly what has worked previously--or whenever
> 	a port tarball hasn't fetched correctly.  This time I
> 	mv'd the distfile/* tarball and deleted (pkg_delete -f)
> 	the port.  No joy.  I'll look further.

		Well, to answer my own posting, I hacked the
		/distfile and removed the "(SIZE) =" line.
		Now openldap21-* is flowing across.  Dunno
		why the port assumed the file or parts of it
		were here.  Next to rm the old version and
		update... .  --Well, once it builds and installs!

		gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix