UFS2 filesystem structure

greg gval at mts.net
Sun Feb 1 15:43:47 PST 2004

I am sorry for asking this question a second time. At the time I was not
finished the process of signing up to this mailing list and as we all
know, the web archives have not been updated since Monday.

I am looking for resources that describe the UFS2 filesystem structure.
I want to write some code that will pull a UFS2 filesystem back from the
dead. It has a bad Super Block, and no good Super Blocks can be found.
However, I sifted through the raw data on the disk, and my data is still
there.

Could somebody point me to documentation on this subject. I have tried
googling through the BSD filter. I recieved no useful results.

If the tools I write are any good, I will make the source code available
under a BSD style licence.

Thank You,
--
greg <gval at mts.net>