News from several NNTP Servers

Sergei Gnezdov sgnezdov at pobox.com
Fri Dec 31 22:20:36 PST 2004

NNTP clients I like (Emacs) work with one NNTP server at a time.

I use some free NNTP server, but its reliability is not the best.

So, I am thinking of collecting news from free servers, which specialize
on certain newsgroups.  I don't know how to do that or what to use.

I also would like to collect/cache newsgroup messages on my machine, so
I can decide expiration rules.

I think I could use INN server, but I have no idea how upstream servers
are different from NNTP client connections.