iTunes server setup not going well

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Dec 31 17:19:52 PST 2004

Hello all.  I'm trying to follow the instructions at
http://home.introweb.nl/~dodger/itunesserver.html

Here's where I hit a snag:

	"After doing this, you can remove the mDNSResponder.shar file.

[did that]

	"...Now you'll have to download Rendezvous.tar.gz from Apple. Go to
http://www.opensource.apple.com/projects/rendezvous/source/
Rendezvous.tar.gz, register and download the file to the directory
/usr/ports/distfiles."

[did that...  I have downloaded Rendezvous.tar.gz and
mDNSResponder-58.8.tar.gz to /usr/ports/distfiles/]

	"After doing this, go back to /usr/ports/net/rendezvous (if needed)
and type: make install clean"

BUT... but... there is no /usr/ports/net/rendezvous !

I thought maybe that I had to build mDNSResponder first, so I tried
that:

freebsd# cd /usr/ports/net/mDNSResponder/
freebsd# make install clean
===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  Extracting for mDNSResponder-58.8
=> Checksum OK for mDNSResponder-58.8.tar.gz.
=> Checksum OK for mDNSdocs-1.0.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for mDNSResponder-58.8
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for mDNSResponder-58.8
4 out of 5 hunks failed--saving rejects to mDNSPosix/Makefile.rej
=> Patch patch-mDNSPosix::Makefile failed to apply cleanly.
=> Patch(es) patch-NetMonitor.c patch-Responder.c
patch-mDNSCore::mDNSClientAPI.h applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

So this obviously isn't going well.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks