usb printer-scanner

Khairil Yusof kaeru at jaring.my
Thu Dec 30 22:16:05 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 09:02 +0300, Andrew Diakin wrote:

> I have a USB Printer-Scanner HP psc 2110 and I want to use it in my
> freebsd 5.3. I read handbook? but it is too little about usb
> printers... Have anybody do such thing?

Use cups and hpijs:

print/cups
print/hpijs

grab the ppd from linuxprinting.org and put it
in /usr/local/share/cups/model

http://freebsddiary.org has an article on setting up cups.

Make sure you plug the printer and turn it on first, before configuring
it in cups so that the option to select the interface for usb will show
up.

The scanner part currently does not work on FreeBSD 5.x :( The port for
that is graphics/hpoj (let us know if you get it working).

The copier function works independently.

Good luck