Printing

Frank Staals f.staals at zonnet.nl
Thu Dec 30 10:45:21 PST 2004

Leon wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have an Windows XP pro. as my main O/S.
>I have installed "VMWare" station.
>On the "VMWare" station I have installed "FreeBSD" as a virtual machine.
>I have installed CUPS and SAMBA on "BSD".
>But I can not make printer work.
>
>I use a printer, which does not supported by "BSD".
>But it works good under the XP.
>
>So the question is:
>
> Is it possible to use my windows printer from "BSD" via "VMWare" ?
> If yes( I hope) what can I do else to make it work?
>
>Thanks to All,
>Leon.

That is possible, you can share your windows printer and print to it
over the network ( in your case virtual network ) I tried this recently
and I got it working, nog for 100% yet, but you might want to read this:

http://forums.bsdnexus.com/viewtopic.php?t=16

and try googling on "FreeBSD printing to windows"

Good luck ;)

Frank Staals