Upgrade to 5.3-STABLE broke X?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Wed Dec 29 20:37:29 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Dec 2004, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> It kind of depends on your X configuration, I would think.  Were you
> using DRI or not?  If so, did you rebuild it?  Were you using
> third-party drivers (e.g., NVidia)?

DRI is not supported (the reason for one of the errors) because hardware
cursors aren't supported (the reason for the other error).  Disabling both
still gives me a SIGSEGV, with a useless coredump (stack frames corrupted).
And I was using whatever native drivers were present.

I got a private reply saying there are issues with this version and my
hardware, so I'll take it to the freebsd-x11 list as he suggested.

-- Dave