Dual boot WinXP and FreeBSD 5.3

Tom Connolly tomc at cqg.com
Mon Dec 27 15:44:35 PST 2004

Hello list.  I wish to put FreeBSD 5.3 on a new hard drive and have it
dual boot with the existing Windows XP system (separate HD).  Can I just
simply go through the FreeBSD install and have it install the FreeBSD
boot manager/loader on the XP drive?  I can't risk doing any damage to
the XP system as it has a thermal analyzer program on it that won't run
on FreeBSD (otherwise I would have no use for XP at all).  I would like
to know if there are any "gotchas" or anything that could be a problem.
I would really like to hear comments from anyone who has set up such a
system.

Thanks in advance,

Tom