Trouble upgrading PHP

Jorn Argelo jorn at wcborstel.nl
Mon Dec 27 03:19:21 PST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:11:34 +0100, Andreas Widerøe Andersen wrote
> Hi,
> I hope someone can help me here.
>
> Today I upgraded Apache to the latest version (apache+mod_ssl-
> 1.3.33+2.8.22 - which works fine) and PHP to 4.3.10 (which doesn't).
> I'm running a few sites on my server that relies on the Apache/PHP
> and mySQL.
>
> Now, only static content seems to be working.
>
> I belive it is because the options-screen that used to pop up when
> installing from Ports is now gone. I probably haven't got support
> for Ie. mySQL and others that I need.
>
> I know I need these:
>
> - zlib compression support Unavailable
> - XML support Unavailable
> - MySQL support Unavailable
>
> Is the options screen gone or how can I make it appear? Are there
> instead other ways of adding what I need from a ports-install?

You might want to install php4-extensions, found in /usr/ports/lang/php4-
extensions. Note that this is a meta port; it installs quite a bunch of
extensions. Take a look at what I've installed:

> pkg_info | grep php
mod_php4-4.3.10,1   PHP Apache Module
php4-bz2-4.3.10     The bz2 shared extension for php
php4-ctype-4.3.10   The ctype shared extension for php
php4-extensions-1.0 A "meta-port" to install PHP extensions
php4-mysql-4.3.10   The mysql shared extension for php
php4-openssl-4.3.10 The openssl shared extension for php
php4-overload-4.3.10 The overload shared extension for php
php4-pcre-4.3.10    The pcre shared extension for php
php4-posix-4.3.10   The posix shared extension for php
php4-session-4.3.10 The session shared extension for php
php4-tokenizer-4.3.10 The tokenizer shared extension for php
php4-xml-4.3.10     The xml shared extension for php
php4-zlib-4.3.10    The zlib shared extension for php

Cheers,

Jorn