xorg/dri-6.2_1,2 upgrade problems

jason henson jason at ec.rr.com
Sun Dec 26 21:27:17 PST 2004

On 12/26/04 16:16:02, Ned Harrison wrote:
> I'm currently running Release 5.2.1.  which has just reciently  been
> updated  to the security branch.
>
> I was upgrading xorg to version 6.8.1. with portupgrade when it
> crashed with an Error Code 1. I traced the crash to failure to
> upgrade dri-5.0.2,2 to dri-6.2_1,2.  I've attempted to build
> dri-6.2_1,2 but it keeps crashing with an Error code 2.  I didn't see
> any notes in the ports UPDATING file regarding this issue nor did I
> find any similar issues in the archives.
>
> I ran cvsup to update the ports this morning and done the prtsdb -Uu
> to creat an index.  The make in dri still has the same problem.
> I piped my last attempt to make dri to a file.  The last lines of the
> output are below.  Sorry about the lack of additional information.
> My xserver crashed so i am stuck in the command line mode.  I'm
> running my computer off Knoppix disk so I can send this information
> to freebsd-questions.   So any suggestions on what I should do or
> attempt to do to get my system back up and running would be
> appreciated.
> Output of the Make command in the dri port:

Part of the dri stuff(the drivers) are in the base system and not
upgraded with the dri port(I think).  That could be causing you pain,
but the more likely cause may be that pthread and other libs.  In 5.3
some of the libs were bumped and there have been threading changes.
Maybe you should update your system too?

BTW, do you have a p pro, or is that some default in some makefile?