portupgrade -P and local changes

Harlan Stenn harlan at minnie.everett.org
Sun Dec 26 18:53:11 PST 2004

Neither -x nor HOLD_PKGS is what I want.

I *want* to upgrade the software, I just do not want to FETCH prebuilt
packages for any package that has a Makefile.local file in the tree, as
a Makefile.local file means I want to build that package with local changes.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 01:36:12PM -0800, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Yes, but that means I have to remember to build and package the ports
> first, before I do anything else, and that implies I have to handle any
> changed prerequisite packages as well.

I thought that's what you were asking for.

> If a way can be found to say "Do not fetch these packages" then this will
> become a much easier process.

portupgrade -x or set HOLD_PKGS.

Kris
--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx