Freebsd non-profit stat OT

Jay O'Brien jayobrien at att.net
Sat Dec 25 20:17:11 PST 2004

Bill Moran wrote:

> Unfortunatley, PayPal (who I don't have an account with) insists that I
> have an account and refuses to process my transaction unless I log in
> (to the account that doesn't exist).
>
> Am I the only one they're doing this to?  Doesn't seem like it's the
> Foundation's fault, but it's preventing me from making a donation.

Bill,

To test the system, I made a small contribution tonight in my wife's
name using a credit card. She doesn't have a PayPal account, and didn't
sign up for one.

>From http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donating.shtml click on DONATE,
Then click on the "If you do not currently have a PayPal account"
button, give it the amount, click on the "Don't Have a PayPal Account"
secure checkout button, and give it the typical credit card info.

The only catch appears to be that the credit card billing address must
be in the USA, but I believe you are in PA.

The PayPal process I used was simpler, but a PayPal account isn't
required.

Jay O'Brien