glxgears

haruko jason at ec.rr.com
Sat Dec 25 18:54:49 PST 2004

On 12/25/04 12:23:09, Peter Harmsen wrote:
> I have a FreeBSD box on a Elitegroup K7S5A mobo with a Asus TI4200
> AGP
> 8x graphics card and AMD 512 MB sdram XP2000+ CPU.I get 3600 FPS with
> glxgears after i recompiled the kernel without agp and tweaked the
> Nvidia driver source a little.On a Linux box with AMD XP2500+ CPU
> with
> 1024 MB ddr and FX5700 card i only get 3200 FPS with glxgears.Quite
> remarkable to say the least.
>

> Does anyone have a clue why this could have happened?
>

> Merry Christmas and a good NewYear to everybody!
I don't know about linux/verses FreeBSD, but I can tell you about
hardware support.  I am not sure about nvidia stuff(core models), but I
can tell you new cards tend not to have support, then bad support at
first.  This may not be the case with the nvidia drivers.  If that card
is new enough glxgears was running partially or all on the cpu not
graphics hardware.