Starting Apache 2.0.52 in rc.conf under FreeBSD 5.3

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 25 18:45:39 PST 2004

I installed Apache 2.0.52 on my fresh reinstallation of FreeBSD 5.3, but
I can't figure out how the new rc.conf system works.  How do I set
things up so I can start Apache in rc.conf?  I installed Apache directly
from the downloaded source rather than from the ports, so this wasn't
done automatically.

Also, is there a comprehensive explanation of how the new rc.conf stuff
works somewhere on the Web?  I don't understand the rc.d interaction.

--
Anthony