gnome-cd: cant connect to cddb server--resolved

Karl Agee kdagee at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 25 12:32:01 PST 2004

I had posted earlier that I couldnt pull down cd info from the cddb server
when playing music cd's.  I did a lot more googling and found that:

1)  gnome-cd uses a program called cddbslave2 to fetch info from the cddb
servers;

2) cddbslave2 uses ftp through port 888 to request this info.

so I poked a hole in my firewall for tcp on port 888 and it works.....

--Karl