MAJOR DISFUNCTION! Computer reboots instead of booting FreeBSD!

Fafa Diliha Romanova fteg at london.com
Sat Dec 25 04:09:57 PST 2004

   Dear all of you,

   My computer (HP Compaq DC7100) refuses to boot to FreeBSD. It enters
   the
   in the bootloader and the computer reboots! What kind of behavior is
   thi

   I'm aware that some UNIX systems need a patch to work on this type of
   co
   [1]http://www5.   itrc.hp.com/service/patch/wrap.do?pageKey=patch.jsp.archiveJump&admi

   But in my case, what do I need to do? Disabling ACPI in the BIOS
   doesn't
   I'm informed (when I reinsert my S-ATA HD) that if I'm running UNIX, I
   But guess what? There are no such options. Believe me I've looked.

   Does anybody know what's going on?

   Thanks.

   Dr. Galvin Hobbes @ FTEG