migrating from thunderbird to mutt?

Matthias Buelow mkb at mukappabeta.de
Sat Dec 25 00:23:16 PST 2004

Joshua Lokken wrote:

>>>Message filtering, for example I have all the different freebsd mailing
>>>lists automatically put into different folders, and junk mail sorting?
>>No.  You have to setup procmail (or a similar program) to do that for you.
> Wrong.  Mutt'll do it just fine.
> Just wondering; have you ever used or seen Mutt?

Of course. I've used it since elm came out of fashion, about 8 years ago
or so, until about 1-2 years ago, when I switched to Mozilla because I'm
dealing with a multitude of mail folders on multiple imap servers today.

How would this filtering work inside mutt? Apparently, it's something
non-obvious. I've never seen anything like that while using mutt, and
always used procmail "back then".

mkb.