NFS fstab and ipfw

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Dec 24 10:53:49 PST 2004

On 2004-12-24 13:25, Grant Peel <gpeel at thenetnow.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't boot my machine with out using the noauto switch on my nfs mount,
> presumeably, because ipfw has'nt set up a tule to allow lo0 access.
>
> I have read some things about nfs_mount and wonder if the -i -s switch can
> be used in fstab on the nfs mount, or if there exists a switch that can be
> used to allow it to try to mount the nfs in the background and allow the
> sytem to continue booting.

That doesn't sound right.  The order of the rc.d scripts is set up to
allow NFS mounts:

: gothmog:/root# rcorder /etc/rc.d/* | egrep -e 'ipfw|mount'
: /etc/rc.d/mountcritlocal
: /etc/rc.d/ipfw
: /etc/rc.d/mountcritremote
: /etc/rc.d/mountd
: gothmog:/root#

Are you sure you are not blocking NFS mounts in your firewall ruleset?

- Giorgos