FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Fri Dec 24 01:46:30 PST 2004

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> I think there's more FreeBSD installations than Apple installations,
> way, way more.  Obscurity is in the eye of the beholder.  And talk is
> cheap.  The FreeBSD documentation team has already asked the FreeBSD
> community to do a site redesign, see here:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/current.html#website-css
>
> Nobody has stepped up to do it.  Since your so hot to redesign the
> site why don't you e-mail them and get going on doing it instead of
> talking about it?

Errr...  Not so.  Admittedly, this was posted just a few days ago, but
people are working on CSS-izing the FreeBSD.org web site:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-doc/2004-December/006616.html

Elsewhere on this thread there has been some talk about organizing a
design competition to see who can come up with the best concept for the
site.  Strikes me that a good way to do that would be along the lines of
this competition to redesign the W3.org site:

     http://w3mix.web-graphics.com/entries.php

ie. take the existing content and write a style sheet to present it in
the best possible way.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                       School Rd