bash - superuser

Andy Firman andy at firman.us
Fri Dec 24 07:54:06 PST 2004

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 04:54:51PM -0500, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> Then the thing to do is create another root account and make the
> default shell for that one be bash, leaving the root root be /bin/sh.

So for those of us that want to go back to the way things should be,
(leaving root shell be /bin/sh)  I fire up vipw and change this:

root:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/usr/local/bin/bash

to this:

root:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/bin/sh

Right?

Then I keep using sudo all the time.  But if I need to do some big
work as root, I can su to root and get bash simply by typing:

/usr/local/bin/bash

Right?

Just want to be clear on this.

Thanks.