Supported CDRW listing for 5.3

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Thu Dec 23 18:32:35 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 08:11:04PM -0600, Chris wrote:
> I'm going to be in the market for a new CDRW soon - I thought there was
> a list of supported devices. There certainly isnt a mention in the 5.3
> Hardware Notes.

I've not used it w/ 5.3; but I have a hard time believing that Plextor
models will fail to work with FreeBSD.

I've been giving some thought to going w/ a DVD burner; they are
falling in price so that I can afford one. Even the nicer Plextors
are in reach. A quick check at newegg shows that there is about a
$30 difference between the two. That's serial or atapi DVD, btw.