checksum mismatch on hicolor-icon-theme-0.5

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Dec 23 14:28:20 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 12:20:26PM -0800, Chandler May wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been unable to compile a very large number of programs because of
> a checksum mismatch on hicolor-icon-theme-0.5.tar.gz.

If you already have a local copy of this file, you may need to remove
it and re-fetch an updated copy.  Use 'make distclean' from the port
directory to remove all distfiles for the port so you can re-fetch
them.

> Ports refuses to
> connect to any FTP or HTTP servers for the download,

Verify that your ports collection is complete and up-to-date.  This
kind of problem is usually fixed very quickly.

> and will not
> recognize the file when I download it manually and put it in
> distfiles.

Are you sure you're putting it in the right directory?  Compare
carefully to the error message.

Kris