how to get it online

Joshua Lokken joshua.lokken at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 10:51:49 PST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:42:43 -0500 (EST), Jim Trigg <jtrigg at spamcop.net> wrote:

> >> plugged it in, plugged cable modem into uplink, plugged this pc into one
> >> outlet, the freebsd box into another. PC works fine. Lights indicate
> >> connectivity to bsd box.

> >> That's supposed to be http://192.168.1.1, isn't it? I can't access that
> >> even
> >> from my pc. Any advice there would be helpful. BTW, I'm using Cox as a
> >> ISP.
>
> Not if you haven't reconfigured the router; the default is
> http://192.168.0.1.

[I wish I could site the exact model number] I just setup two
Linksys 4-port 10/100 routers with wireless, and they were
both set to 192.168.1.1 out of the box.  In fact, that what's
Linksys' website says, too:

"When the browser window opens, go to the Address bar and
 type in the router's IP Address and click on the Go button
 (192.168.1.1 is the default IP address of Linksys Routers)."

It's all in TFM ;)

--
Joshua Lokken
Open Source Advocate