I have an offer

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Wed Dec 22 08:25:39 PST 2004

Someone broke the silence:

> Hello!
> I have an offer for you.
> Now access to the Internet with use of satellites gets the big
> popularity. For such type of access it is necessary to use special
> DVB-cards like SkyStar-1 and SkyStar-2. First of them is supported by
> FreeBSD (due to foreign people), but second (cheaper and popular) is
> not. Can you include official support for this cards in the next
> FreeBSD releases? :-D Please!

I have used direcway satellite internet systems in the past.  Their support were only for Windows at that time I used direcway.

I learned that for open source support, it would depend on getting cooperation from the vendors for the FreeBSD developers to be able to support a device.

I do not think that here is the correct place to ask for support unless there are already some development information for those devices available.

Chris