Hang on install of 5.3 on old Presario

Ramiro Aceves ea1abz at wanadoo.es
Wed Dec 22 04:39:12 PST 2004

Christian Hiris wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 December 2004 10:05, Ramiro Aceves wrote:
> [...]
>
>>>I have an older 486 with 24 MB RAM and it runs freebsd 5.3 installation
>>>process very well, but unfortunately, its memory does not fit on the
>>>pentium.
>

> Did you try to move the harddisk of the 16MB box over to the 24MB box and
> install 5.3 there?

Thanks,

I have not tried that. My 24MB computer is at the summer house, 15 km
from here, and now it is cold weather there, there is no heating system :-(

I will look for old memory banks, I have asked for the memory banks to a
friend of mine that had got many old computers now retired in an office.
He will call me back if he finds some. We will see.

Thank you.
Ramiro.