How to read Serial Port data

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Dec 21 21:33:25 PST 2004

What kind of program are you trying to write?  If it's a C
program then forget it - you should know how to do this
simple of a task before attempting to write this.

I suggest you do some digging on the Internet and look for some
Perl modules that control the serial port for you, and write
the program in Perl.  Examples abound already, just use a search
engine.

Ted