Make crashes when installing kernel

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Dec 21 17:22:00 PST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 05:17:16PM -0800, David LeCount wrote:
> If you're meaning the make in /usr/obj, yes I can
> understand that one not working. However, it does not
> explain why the one already installed crashes. That is
> the old one which came with 5.0-RELEASE.

It's probably actually crashing when trying to execute the new /bin/sh
that it just installed, but if it got past that it would at least
crash after installing the new make as well.

It might be some work to recover the system from this point, although
if you can find a working cp binary you might be able to manually copy
the new kernel into place and try again from there - if not, your best
bet might be to reinstall 5.3-RELEASE from scratch.

Kris

P.S. Don't top-post.