Buildworld problems?

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Mon Dec 20 10:14:20 PST 2004

Hello,

I was doing a buildworld

cd /usr/src
make buildworld

after I updated the source tree with cvsup just before I did the buildworld.  I made clean and make buildworld several times to see if this would go away.  It's been like this on last Friday and I thought some source changes would fix this so I tried today after cvsup.

This system is FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE #0.

One thing I should acknowledge is that I did build and installed the kernel right before I did the buildworld.

I rebooted so I could use the kernel.  All the other binaries are seeming fine at this moment.  I have not made any other major changes.

I've done many buildworlds before.

Here is the snip of the error which seems relative to lesskey?

ln -s /usr/src/usr.bin/lesskey/../../contrib/less/lesskey.nro lesskey.1
gzip -cn lesskey.1 > lesskey.1.gz
/usr/src/usr.bin/lesskey/../../contrib/less/lesskey.c:137: `A_U_AGAIN_SEARCH' undeclared here (not in a function)
/usr/src/usr.bin/lesskey/../../contrib/less/lesskey.c:137: initializer element is not constant
/usr/src/usr.bin/lesskey/../../contrib/less/lesskey.c:137: (near initialization for `cmdnames[41].cn_action')
/usr/src/usr.bin/lesskey/../../contrib/less/lesskey.c:170: syntax error before string constant
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error