ifconfig for WLAN using WEP

scott renna flexble2547 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 20 09:42:10 PST 2004

Scott,

I just went through this myself.  Take a look at the
FreeBSD handbook at www.freebsd.org/handbook.  This is
in the section for advanced networking, don't have the
link handy just now.

Additionally, you can do a man ifconfig
my ifconfig looks like this:

ifconfig_ath0="inet x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x ssid XXXX
wepmode on channel 1 wepkey 0xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

hope that helps.

scott