Firefox headaches

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Mon Dec 20 06:16:26 PST 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 12:12, RW wrote:

> > I've got the latest (from ports updated yesterday) native, and
> > flashplugin-firefox port.  Certain websites crash or lock it up at
> > seemingly random points.
>
> Firstly, are you using the old method of using flashpluginwrapper or the
> newer linuxpluginwrapper.
>
> Secondly, are you using flash7, which isn't yet supported on Firefox.
>
> I'm using the default Flash 6  and linuxpluginwrapper, and have seen no
> problems with mozilla or firefox.

Ah sorry, flashplugin-firefox is the GPLed flash clone. This didn't work at
all for me when I tried it earlier in the year, typically cpu usage would go
up to 100%, and most of the time it would crash.

The genuine Macromedia version for Linux is reliable, but it relies on your
installing linux emulation, and being comfortable with installing a
third-party binary.