Firefox headaches

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Sat Dec 18 13:16:39 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 21:53, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> Something's not right with firefox.
>
> Now that I've got the printing problems more or less solved, it
> crashes almost every time I hit a page with flash.
>
> I've got the latest (from ports updated yesterday) native, and
> flashplugin-firefox port.  Certain websites crash or lock it up at
> seemingly random points.
>
> By crash, I mean I get a firefox-bin.core file in my home directory.
> By lock up, I mean it simply stops responding - indefinitely.  Once I
> just quit for the night and next morning all I had was the window
> outline.
>
> Case in point: http://www.big-boys.com/  This one ALWAYS takes it out.
>
> Sometimes when loading the main page, sometimes when clicking out to
> another bookmark (different domain altogether) and pretty much anytime
> an onsite link is clicked.
>
> I have rebuilt and reinstalled the flash plugin since portupgrading
> firefox.  I also deinstalled and reinstalled both additions - Noia
> theme and TabBrowser extension - latest of both.
>
> Anyone else?
>
> I don't really want to switch back to mozilla, but I may have to.

Yes, I have the sam experiences. But in my case all mozilla based
browsers (Mozilla, Firefox, Galeon) crash at sites like that. Browsing
over the internet with those browsers is almost impossible for me, they
crash at every site with (bad?) javascript or flash, and that are a lot
of sites. Now I use Opera again, which is very stable.