Interrupt storm on FreeBSD 5.3

Daniel S. Haischt me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
Sat Dec 18 04:02:06 PST 2004

Hello,

I tried the following at the boot prompt:

# unload
# load /boot/kernel/kernel (<- my custom kernel)
# set hint.ohci.0.irq="15"

The command 'show' at the boot loader prompt
shows that the above device hint was set
appropriatly.

I did this because I set the OHCI device in the
computer's bios to IRQ 15. I additionally included
the above device hint in the file /boot/device.hints.

Tho - During the boot process I am still getting:

ohci0: <SiS 5571 USB controller> mem 0xe4000000-0xe4000fff irq 11 at
device 1.2 on pci0

Which finally leads to the same interrupt storm on
"irq11: ohci+"

Why is the device hint not recognized during the
boot process? Is it because I did enable DEVICE_POLLING
in my kernel configuration file? But I thought
this option only belongs to network cards ...

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards

Daniel S. Haischt   | phone:    +49 -7032-992909
Grabenstrasse 11    |           +49 -700-DHAISCHT
                     | fax:      +49 -7032-992910
D-71083 Herrenberg  | fax2mail: +49 -7032-7999738
GERMANY             | cell:     +49 -172-7668936

SIP:   sip:haischt at daniel-s-haischt.biz:5060
email: me at daniel.stefan.haischt.name
web:   http://www.daniel.stefan.haischt.name/