Install Problems

Bryan bryanponder at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 16 20:55:10 PST 2004

During the install for
5.2.1 or 5.3 Release, immediately after I select my installation means,
I'm
given the error "Error mounting /dev/acd0 on /dist: Input/output error
(5)"
after which I'm told "unable to initialize selected media. Would you
like to
adjust your media configuration and try again?".

I copied the above from a post I found searching google.  This is the
exact problem I have.  I have tried a different cdrom and another hard
drive with no differences.  I previously had 5.2.1 installed on this
same computer.  Now I can't even get that version to install.  I've
tried new ribbon cables, swapping from primary master to secondary. I've
checked the bios a dozen times. Everything looks normal.  What am I
missing?

Thanks for the time
Bryan