Firefox for FBSD?

Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine brunner at nic-naa.net
Thu Dec 16 07:59:41 PST 2004

well, you could follow the instructions on the mozilla developer's
pages for getting the source, configuring the source, and building
the source.

its what i do for a 4.10 laptop (1.8a6, dec 3rd build).
i'm sort of lazy about having a browser on my 5.2.1 machine (1.7.2).

one minor data point, building for less than the whole suite fails,
and i don't care enough to find out why, since it is only cycles
and disk, and i've plenty of both. my .mozconfig follows. use with
care, it may contain iraqi weapons of mass distruction or ohio
voting machine recalibration code, or otherwise fry something near
and dear to you.

or you could use the port, which some nice person maintains.

# sh
# Build configuration script
#
# See http://www.mozilla.org/build/unix.html for build instructions.
#

# Options for client.mk.
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=suite
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj- at CONFIG_GUESS@

# Options for 'configure' (same as command-line options).
ac_add_options --enable-application=suite

geckoishly yours,
eric