Why reccomend Bash shell?

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Thu Dec 16 02:49:47 PST 2004

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

> I like a .30-06 for deer, antelope, etc, .762[mm] for terrorists, and a
> .340 Weatherby magnum for big game (cape buffalo, elephant, etc,
> where legal). The Weatherby is also great for moose and elk with a
> Nosler 210 gg. partition bullet and a good high-velocity powder. :-D

You forgot the 5.56x45mm NATO, used in almost all modern military
assault rifles (M16), carbines (M4), and light machine guns (M249), of
which my personal favorites are the SOPMOD M4A1 Carbine, Mk 12 SPR, and
HK53 Carbine. and thats 7.62x51mm NATO btw which is used for medium
machine guns (M60), sniper rifles (M24, M40A3, Mauser SP66, SV-98, Erma
SR100), etc. Also, you have your standard 9x19mm Parabellum, hand guns,
submachine guns, etc. my personal favorites are the Glock 18C and MP5.

> Bash is an improvement on sh; tcsh is an improvement on
> csh, and there are others, generally spawned when someone
> wanted to add a feature or steal one from someone else.

What are the main differences between tcsh and csh?, currently I use
csh, this is because it was the first shell that FreeBSD presented me
when I started using it and the fact that I didn't like bash (bash is
trash, hmm? lol) from linux days.