Why reccomend Bash shell?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Wed Dec 15 19:21:06 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004, Adam wrote:
>In Greg Lehey's book "The Complete FreeBSD" he reccomends changing the default shell for users to bash shell. -p. 94
>
>What are the Pro's/Con's of using bash as opposed to the other shells?

That's largely a religious issue.  I used csh for my first 6 years or
so of *nix use, switching to ksh around 1988.  Personally I like ksh
better than bash or csh/tcsh for interactive use, largely because I
prefer using its ``r'' options to repeat previous commands to the csh
and bash ``!''.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``If the government can take a man's money without his consent, there is no
limit to the additional tyranny it may practise upon him; for, with his
money, it can hire soldiers to stand over him, keep him in subjection,
plunder him at discretion, and kill him if he resists.''
	Lysander Spooner, 1852