Strange startup behavior on 5.3-release

epilogue epilogue at allstream.net
Tue Dec 14 20:22:46 PST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:36:06 -0800
Jim Pazarena <fquest at ccstores.com> wrote:

> one would think, or expect, that if you disable sendmail using
> SENDMAIL_ENABLE="NONE", that "NONE" sendmail activity would be
> triggered.
>
> This seemed to be the way it worked in FreeBSD 4.XX, and altho we
> can live with these changes for 5.XX, is there any where that we
> can read the reasoning for making such a change?

hello jim,

while it may not be exactly what you're looking for, i suggest that
you take a few minutes to review 'man rc.sendmail'.  judging by those
rc variables, it strikes me as a means to allow for greater
flexibility/granularity in the options.

if you spend a little time at sendmail.org, you *may* find an
authoritative answer to your question.

cheers,