Digikam customize names not working?

Maarten maarfree at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 14 14:14:04 PST 2004

Hello,

Ik have digikam working on my 5.3 box with my brand new Canon Digital IXUS
40. For some reason when downloadin images the option "customize names"
with "Add camera provided date and time" does not work. For some reason
all files are called: 19700101-00:00:00-0001.jpg,
19700101-00:00:00-0002.jpg, etc.

Is this a feature that comes with camera? When I right click properties on
a preview the date and time are as above, but when I look at the EXIF
properties after downloading the dates and times of the images are the
actual dates and times when I pressed the button.

Anyone an idea?

Maarten