OpenOffice - Java problems

Tabor Kelly tkelly-freebsd-questions at taborandtashell.net
Tue Dec 14 10:02:53 PST 2004

Dave Horsfall wrote:
> I'm trying to compile OpenOffice 1.1 for FreeBSD 4.10 (may as well
> exercise the lap-top).  After grabbing all the Linuxy bits for Java JDK14,
> I now find it wants a Solaris library under /compat/svr4/lib (libc.so.2 or
> similar), and this is found only on a Solaris/86 CD, which of course not
> being a licensee I don't have.

<snip>

> -- Dave

<snip>

How I got Openoffice 1.1.3 to compile on my laptop:

portinstall java/jdk14
portinstall openoffice

note: 'portinstall java/jdk14' installs the natively compiled FreeBSD
version of Java, and as a dependency (for the build only) installs the
linux JDK.

-Tabor Kelly

PS- Yes, this does mean the port is broken.