Xorg and mouse....

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
Tue Dec 14 09:03:52 PST 2004

On 12/14/04 10:56 AM, Bomgardner,Jon  sat at the `puter and typed:
> Hello All!
>
> Well, I was finally able to get Xorg up and running at full screen
> however, I seem to have this peculiar problem. While I can move my mouse
> around in the window, I cannot use any of the mouse buttons. Now, I have
> not set up a Window Manager yet (will be setting up KDE as soon as I can
> get things straightened out) but I thought I'd at least get a
> right-click context menu in Xorg.  Would this be correct? And if so, how
> would I go about troubleshooting this?  I have no way to remotely
> connect to the computer so any suggestions involving that probably won't
> help.
>
> Anyway, after the success I've had with answers from the group so far, I
> expect it won't take long to lick this problem as well...

I *think* the context menus are managed by the wm, so you might need
to set up KDE *before* you can get them.

Once you get KDE in, if you still don't get mouse clicks working,
check your mouse config section in xorg.conf.  The docs in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/README.mouse should be pretty thorough.

HTH
Lou
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Boucher's Observation:
  He who blows his own horn always plays the music
  several octaves higher than originally written.