Changing hw.snd.pcm0.buffersize in 4.10.

Nikolas Britton freebsd at nbritton.org
Mon Dec 13 19:08:05 PST 2004

Sandy Rutherford wrote:

> > In FreeBSD 5.3 you can change the buffersize by adding
> > hint.pcm.0.buffersize="foo" to /boot/loader.conf, have you try'ed this
> > with 4.x?
>
>Yes.  Here are the contents of my /boot/loader.conf file:
>
>[szamoca:6] cat /boot/loader.conf
># -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
>userconfig_script_load="YES"
>hint.pcm.0.buffersize=8192

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but 8192 is not in "quotes" like I
have in my working example and man device.hints says it should look like
this: hint.driver.unit.keyword="value", also, have you tried playing
with targetirqrate?
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=snd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.3-RELEASE+and+Ports&format=html

spectra# more /boot/loader.conf
## Video Support