running scripts on FreeBSD 5.3

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Dec 12 12:49:59 PST 2004

Alistair Bryan wrote:
> I downloaded and a driver for my adsl modem and, following the
> instructions which came with the software, compiled the program.
>
> In order to run it I tried to run one of the supplied scripts and got
> the following error:
>
> bash-2.05b# ./eci-doctor.sh
> [: unexpected operator
> You are using linux kernel version 5.3-RELEASE

It looks like you've obtained a Linux driver.  FreeBSD isn't Linux, it's BSD.

You might take a look at dmesg and see whether FreeBSD already recognizes it,
otherwise, it would help if you provided more detail about what your ADSL
modem is and how it's connected (ie, ethernet, USB, serial port?)...

--
-Chuck