FreeBSD or OpenBSD

Matthias Buelow mkb at mukappabeta.de
Sat Dec 11 17:24:22 PST 2004

Jay Moore wrote:

> Here's how you should decide: Go to the OpenBSD mailing list archives, select
> 25 or so threads at random, and read them. Do the same for the FreeBSD
> mailling list archives. Then, make your decision. And remember, it's not like
> getting married - you can change your mind anytime you like.

A better idea might be to look at the hardware support of the individual
systems first.  Not much use to chose one, only to find out that it
doesn't run on the hardware in question (for example, FreeBSD has
problems on my notebook where NetBSD runs more or less ok'ish, but
NetBSD won't even boot on another machine on which FreeBSD runs very
well.  I guess issues like that hold for OpenBSD aswell.)

--
   Matthias Buelow; mkb@{mukappabeta,informatik.uni-wuerzburg}.de