Reasonable Hyperterminal alternative?

Colin J. Raven colin at kozy-kabin.nl
Fri Dec 10 15:19:07 PST 2004

Greetings all,

I'm seeking a reasonable alternative to WinXP/2000 Hyperterminal as a
console application (for serial port access to a no-graphics card box).

I can and do use Hyperterminal but honestly...it's kinda ugly. It does
the job well enough...I guess. I intend however to access one server
from my desktop exclusively over the serial console and not permit user
logins via ssh since no one requires shell access, thus I'll be spending
more time in the app. If a *usable* hyperterminal alternative is
available, that would be so cool.

Suggestions from the panel would be *most* welcome.

Regards & TIA,
-Colin