When to use 'portupgrade -R'

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Fri Dec 10 11:37:43 PST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 01:32:33PM -0600, Joshua Lokken wrote:
: from 'man portupgrade(1)':
:
:      -r
:      --recursive  Act on all those packages depending on the
:                       given packages as well.
:
:      -R
:      --upward-recursive   Act on all those packages required
:                        by the given packages as well. [snip]
:
: It sounds like you are / were not sure of what those options
: actually do.  Have a read of the manpage; it'll do you worlds
: of good.

Actually, it WAS what I was trying to do.  I wanted to upgrade gnome2-lite
and all the packages it required, because gnome2-lite is a meta-port.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.